Here's a travel list as well as a collection of photos from our Spring vacation to Charleston, South Carolina!
Originally, we had planned to take a trip to Las Vegas, but due to looking for a new house (and the fact that Traci has wanted to go to Charleston for 2 years now) we decided to make a last-minute change of plans.
The weather in Charleston turned out to be fantastic our entire trip! If you plan to ever visit Charleston, I highly recommend visiting in the Spring to avoid the heat and humidity of the Summer and Fall months. It was... warm 🔥
Below, I've included a list of places we visited and restaurants I'd definitely recommend checking out if you're in the area.
Things to do
- Carriage Ride - As cheesy as they seem, our guide made the hour-long ride very enjoyable. I'd recommend doing this your first day as it's a great way to pick out spots to visit on your own.
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens - Go when the weather is nice and wear your walking shoes. Self-guided tours throughout the gardens and a guided tour through the plantation house.
- Fort Moultrie and Sullivan's Island - Quaint little town that includes Fort Moultrie, small shops and restaurants, and public beaches. Larger beaches can be found on the Isle of Palms.
- The Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - Another historic site. Be sure to tour the dungeon.
- City Market - Typical souvenirs, etc.
- The Battery and Waterfront Park** - Nice walk near the water, and great for a run. Includes the pineapple fountain as well as mansions along the water
- King Street - Stores, shoppes, bars, restaurants, and anything else you could want. This is the main thoroughfare through the city's modern destinations.
- If you're looking for more outdoor activities, Folly Beach is a great location to check out for kayaking, fishing, camping, and more.
- Walk around and explore! - Definitely the best way to see the city.
- Hominy Grill - Great breakfast, but they serve lunch as well
- 5Church Charleston - Fantastic for dinner and/or drinks. Inside an old church
- Halls Chophouse - Pricey, but great food. Named one of the top 5 restaurants in the country, 2015
- Poe's Tavern - Great laid-back spot on Sullivan's Island